Resourcing new ideas for connecting and enabling people to serve others in response to God’s amazing love.
The Serving Ministry Team is distinguished from the four other ministry teams by its focus on member service in three areas: to the congregation, the community outside Bethel, and to missions outside of our area. A Serving focus is fired by the Holy Spirit and by gratitude that we have been loved by Jesus and that we are consequently driven to extend his love and grace to others.
We are called to serve one another. Jesus tells us to love one another, stranger and neighbor. As a community, we support one another in the ups and downs of our journeys. We grow together in faith, nurturing every member of the body of Christ. In such a large congregation, it becomes even more important
Madison Area Jail Ministry
Bethel provides funding that supports a men’s and a women’s chaplain for the Dane County Jail. Chaplain Todd Marcotte brings spiritual and personal support to Dane County inmates. Madison Area’s Jail Ministry serves people in Dane County who are incarcerated, their families, and their communities. Our logo illustrates our mission. The blossoming flower represents hope,
Bethel Food Pantry
Bethel’s Food Pantry has been in existence for over 35 years, providing food to those in our community that are food insecure. The Pantry is staffed and led by a dedicated group of volunteers. Its operating budget is entirely supported by monetary, product and in-kind donations. Food is sourced primarily through partnerships with Second Harvest
Homeless Support Services
Bethel Homeless Support Services strives to build meaningful relationships with homeless and at-risk individuals while fostering a safe, supportive, and accepting community that honors the dignity and self-respect of every person.
Circle of Love
Since 2000, Bethel’s Circle of Love Project has sponsored children from a community center in Borodyanka, Ukraine, which is near the site of the Chernobyl nuclear accident.
Puerto Rico Partnership
This is a video that Pastor Ivette Salgado Torres and others put together for our 20th Anniversary Celebration. Iglesia Luterana Bethel and Bethel Lutheran Church working together, side by side, creating wonderful memories and friendships.
The Serving Ministry Team will oversee and coordinate the following Bethel programs:
- Advent by Candlelight
- Canyon Scholars – Support A Child
- Care Ministry
- Circle of Love
- Church Ladies Ministry
- Community Meal Program (Luke House)
- Food Pantry
- Grief Ministry
- Habitat for Humanity
- Homeless Support Services
- Madison Area Jail Ministry
- LUAD (Lutheran United Assisting After Disaster)
- Lutheran Campus Ministry
- Mission Partnerss—Hephatha Lutheran and Ascension Lutheran (Milwaukee)
- Oakwood Village and Skaalen Home
- Personal Visits
- Red Cross Blood Drive
- Resettlement Ministry
- Steensland House
- Stephen Ministry
Areas of accountability include:
- Development of goals and plans, plus a reporting structure, for all programs under its umbrella
- Appoint action teams to do the work of the programs it oversees
- Coordination and collaboration with other ministries and council
- Empower members to direct their gifts to work in the church
- Encourage and develop leadership within the team with education and training
- Facilitate the development of new programs for serving