Creating a culture of hospitality where we listen deeply to each other and our neighbors. Recognizing all people as created and loved by God. Devoted to learning, fellowship and prayer.
The Community Ministry Team is the center for welcome and hospitability initiatives that attract and engage new members and groups to Bethel and nurture the Christian community. This ministry team will support outreach to the urban community around Bethel and create a welcoming environment for those members that are looking for a home to find spiritual growth and fellowship experience.
Making Bethel Your Spiritual Home
Bethel Lutheran Church is in partnership (through the ELCA Division for Outreach) with two congregations beyond the Madison area.
Short-term and long-term Volunteer Opportunities are available and helping hands of all ages are welcome.
The Community Ministry Team
Facilitator: Renee Tennant
Council Rep: Bonnie Orvick
Staff Rep: Pastor Margo R. Martens
Areas of accountability are:
- Initiate new membership programs
- Develop outreach programs
- Create a welcoming environment towards Bethel members as well as towards visitors, potential new members and groups that Bethel invites to is facilities
- Integrate new members into church life and activities
- Support volunteer recruitment