God’s Work, Our Hands Sunday
“God’s work. Our hands.” Sunday is an opportunity to celebrate who we are as the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America – one church, freed in Christ to serve and love our neighbor. On SEPT 9 we will be blessed to do our part for our community locally and globally. Projects include:
- Picking-up trash on State Street
- Lutheran World Relief (LWR) Quilts (knot tying)
- Packing LWR Kits (school and personal care)
- Packing Emergency Packs for the Homeless (We are needing donations for the emergency packs. Please drop off donations at the reception desk labeled GWOH Emergency Packs. Items include: cotton or wool socks, hand/foot warmers, small flashlight, tissue, deodorant, soap, toothbrush/toothpaste, wash cloth/hand towel, power bar, bottle of water, Chapstick, and lotion)
- Food Pantry Drive – fruit juice, crackers, hot cereal, salt and pepper, toothpaste, toothbrushes, toilet paper, deodorant, shampoo, bar soap, dish soap, and children’s pull-ups.
All projects inside of Bethel are happening in Borgwardt Hall. Projects run from 9am-1pm. Picking-up garbage on State Street starts at 10:15am and goes as long as you wish to participate. Meet in the Emmaus Room to grab your gloves and garbage bags! 10:15am leader is Mary Lou Tyne, 12pm leader is Margie Czechowicz.
Sign-up Sunday in the Emmaus Room! Plan on wearing your t-shirt from previous years (if you don’t have a t-shirt you can pick one up on Sept 9)!