God’s Work, Our Hands (GWOH) Sunday – Sept 8
“God’s Work. Our Hands” Sunday is an opportunity to celebrate who we are as the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America – one church, freed in Christ to serve and love our neighbor. On SEPT 8 we will be blessed to do our part for our community locally and globally. Projects include:
- Picking-up trash on State Street*
- Lutheran World Relief (LWR) Quilts (knot tying) – Leader: Jeanne Moren
- Packing LWR Kits (school and personal care) – Leader: Patty Saxe
- Packing Emergency Packs for the Homeless (We are needing donations for the emergency packs. Please drop off donations at the reception desk labeled GWOH Emergency Packs. Items include: cotton or wool socks, hand/foot warmers, small flashlight, tissue, deodorant, soap, toothbrush/toothpaste, washcloth/hand towel, wipes, power bar, bottle of water, Chapstick, and lotion) – Leader: Bev Thom
- Food Pantry Drive – canned vegetables, soup, hot cereal, muffin mix, bar soap, toothpaste and toothbrushes, deodorant, shampoo, toilet paper. Drop off at the pantry (lower level).
All projects inside of Bethel are happening in Borgwardt Hall. Projects run from 9am-1pm.
*Picking-up garbage on State Street starts at 10:15am and goes as long as you wish to participate. Meet in the Emmaus Room to grab your gloves and garbage bags! 10:15am leader Connie Caucutt, 12pm leader is Amy Hartsough.
Plan on wearing your t-shirt from previous years (if you don’t have a t-shirt you can pick one up on Sept 8)!