First, Give yourself to the Lord. (2 Corinthians 8:1-7)
Then Give: Regularly (1 Corinthians 16:1,2), Proportionately (2 Corinthians 8:7), Confidently (2 Corinthians 9:8), Increasingly (2 Corinthians 8:7), and Joyfully (2 Corinthians 9:7).
The central message of stewardship is simply this: Stewardship is recognizing that all that we are and all that we have come as gifts from God. God has called us to be good and faithful stewards of the Gospel, the earth, our lives, our relationships, our time, our property, our talents, and our money.
For more information regarding Stewardship 2013, please see:
We consecrate our gifts to God and to the work of Jesus Christ. Please bring your commitment cards to worship and place in the Offering baskets. You may also mail to Bethel, 312 Wisconsin Avenue, Madison, WI 53703.
Estimate of Giving
Growth Giving Worksheet
Simply Giving® Form
Please also see the Simply Giving program information below.
Gifts to Bethel
There are many ways to make year-round gifts to support Bethel.
• Gifts of cash support ministry today and eliminate or reduce income tax on up to 50 percent of your adjusted gross income.
• Gifts of appreciated stock, bonds, or mutual funds can be deductible at full market value for up to 30 percent of your adjusted gross income and allow you to bypass capital gains tax.
• Gifts from your IRA: Required Minimum Distribution (RMD) are mandatory for IRA owners who are 70½ or older. Charitable deductions can be taken for the same amount as the gift. Continuing in 2011 is the provision for direct charitable contributions not counting toward your minimum distribution.
• Life income agreements such as charitable gift annuities and charitable trusts can provide income for life and then support your favorite ministry. They can be funded in a variety of ways and may provide an annuity payment greater than the income your assets are currently producing.
• Bequests allow you to make a significant gift to ministry without reducing your current income. A distribution agreement or memorial endowment fund, funded through a bequest, provides choices and flexibility on how your gift is used and named.
Simply Giving® Program
Simply Giving® is a reliable, safe way to move your stewardship plan into action. It allows you to share your gifts through planned giving and activates your generosity into ongoing stewardship. Because your gift is given consistently, you will not need to play "catch-up" at year-end or worry about forgotten checkbooks or missed Sunday offerings.
But you're not the only one that benefits. Our congregation benefits from steady, more predictable revenues throughout the year, more efficient bookkeeping and greater confidence in meeting our financial commitments.
Simply Giving is an automated giving program designed to help you conveniently and consistently contribute to our congregation. Through Simply Giving, your gifts are made through a pre-authorized withdrawal from your bank account. You determine the frequency of your automatic gift—weekly, semi-monthly or monthly—the option is yours. Your gift is deposited into Bethel's bank account on the same day it is withdrawn from your account—at no cost to you.
Please consider this increasingly popular method of church support.
Give With Thrivent Choice
Thank you to those of you who direct Thrivent Choice Dollars to Bethel and its related ministries. Please note that beginning in 2013 you will no longer be able to do recurring direction. You will now need to donate manually. Help support what matters most to you by directing Choice Dollars. To learn more and/or direct Choice Dollars, go to thrivent.com/choice or call (800) THRIVENT.